Position : Sr. Manager R&D
Location : Kenya - Mombasa
Reporting to : Director Commercial
- The Ideal candidate should have prior experience in FMCG, with a thorough understanding of edible oils, fats and soap products development & implementation.
- The Senior Manager R&D, will assist in leading the implementation of the product development vision by providing technical leadership and management to support the Company's innovation goals. This position directs and coordinates activities in Research and Development in accordance with company.
Key Accountabilities / Deliverables:
- Lead key product development (Existing & New) projects to support the Companys business goals.
- Actively participate in improving the R&D function by pursuing opportunities to develop the team's strategies, organization, personnel, and execution of business initiatives.
- Ensure team members have updated job descriptions and guide them on the work delivery based on these job descriptions and encourage the team to participate in and carry out training.
- Provide leadership in growing the R&D teams through recruiting top talent, managing and mentoring the team to provide continuous learning and growth.
Product Development Leadership:
- Use creative abilities and research methods to improve existing products.
- Based on industry trends, develop new products to meet the needs of the companys target market.
- Deliver new products on schedule and within specification. Work with leadership team members and production teams to improve time to market by reducing product development life cycle and improving the product development process.
- Develop and measure appropriate physical parameters of product based on research and submit sample for testing.
- Develop and issue formula to costing for pricing; evaluate current product formulations for optimal usage of raw ingredients; consider potential reformulations of ingredients and/or ingredient substitutions.
- Work closely with the marketing Dept. to engage research companies for product feedback for the purposes of product improvements and acceptability of NPD trials.
- Proficient in all phases of the companys products development including design, implementation, verification, validation, and manufacturing.
- Excellent Project management skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with ISO Certification requirements.
- Creative mind to think outside the box.
- Great problem solving skills.
- Ability to translate Product Requirements into Technical Requirements.
- Masters Degree & at least 5 years of R & D experience in FMCG products (Oils & Soaps)
- Successful track record of developing new product innovations, including revamping and product life cycle management.
Ms. Riya / Pooja Raval - Sr. Consultant / Team Leader
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:FMCG / Foods / Beverage
Functional Area:Medical, Healthcare, R&D, Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Sc - Chemistry, B.Tech/B.E. - Chemical
United HR Solutions Pvt Ltd
âWe Care, We Serve... Together We Growâ
While identifying right people for the right job we specialize in bringing people together through human touch and thus we MATCH Talent to Requirement, Ambitions to Growth and Dreams to Reality.